- For evaluators’ eyes only (21/07/2018)
- Reconciliation Week and findings from an Aboriginal health evaluation (04/06/2016)
- Evaluation amidst complexity: 8 questions evaluators should ask (04/12/2015)
- To count or not to count: Australian population data (20/02/2015)
- My pick of readings on scaling up health interventions amid complexity (12/12/2014)
Funding Application Submitted!
Friday, 15th July
Last week Social Dimensions finished the Regional Development Australia Funding application a consortium of sporting clubs in Carnarvon who had been severely damaged by the floods in December. The Carnarvon Speedway Club led the bid with six other clubs joining in, including the Carnavon Pistol Club, Full Bore Rifle Club, Horse and Pony Club, Motorcycle Club and Golf Club. It was a real privilege to work with these folk. Most of these clubs have functioned for decades and members have poured time and love into the grounds and facilities. Their pride in their sport and the role they played in the community was moving and so is their plight. Some of these clubs cannot function at all because of the damage to their tracks/areneas/ranges/courses. Others are using only a fraction of their grounds. The funding will go along way to recovering the clubs and the communities. Plus it was so much fun to work with the clubs. We loved the story about the man whose dying wish it was to have the club shoot his hat as a memorial. There is now a score of bullet riden hats posted on the clubhouse wall.